Eligibility and Financial Aid
Eligible WW Academy applicants include current undergraduates, recent college graduates, and career changers who have majored in, or have earned 30 or more college-level credits in, one or more of the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, math).
In addition, all WW Academy applicants must meet the following criteria:
- demonstrate a commitment to teaching and learning and the WW Academy and its goals;
- have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency;
- have attained, or expect to attain by June 30, 2019, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or its international equivalent (Note: Undergraduate degrees earned outside the U.S. are accepted if an approved credential evaluator declares the degree equivalent to an earned U.S. bachelor’s degree); and
- have preferably attained a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (Note: Candidates who can demonstrate excellence through other avenues will also be considered. All applications are considered in their entirety and selection is based on merit).
Tuition for the class of 2019 is $27,000, with financial assistance available.
Are there other costs? Click here for an estimated cost of attendance.
Financial Assistance Application Overview
Financial assistance is available for Academy students. All students applying for scholarship support from the Academy need to submit the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile application. The CSS Profile is processed by the College Board, which charges a fee for the Profile application. For more information, see the College Board’s CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE website.
Deadlines for financial aid applications are January 31 and March, 2018.
Instructions for U.S. citizens and permanent residents:
- Apply on line on the College Board’s website using the Academy’s CSS Code: 7245.
- The Academy receives your profile data electronically from CSS, so do not send copies of your application to the Academy.
Tuition Reduction for Partner Programs
The WW Academy values its partnerships with Breakthrough Collaborative, City Year, and EXPLO. Students admitted to the WW Academy from any of these three pipeline programs will receive a $5,000 tuition reduction.
WW Academy teacher candidates may request loan forbearance on existing student loans. To learn more about loan forbearance, click here, and to find out whether this would be an option for you, consult your loan provider.
Questions about your eligibility or financial assistance?
Email Neema Ndiba at [email protected]